We had another great week at Broombridge with the sun finally appearing after a few cold months. Preparation is underway for Seachtain na Gaeilge and the school is full of songs, poems, dancing and laughter. World Book Day was a great success and it was lovely to see all the children sharing their favourite books with their peers and across classrooms. A sincere thanks to Paddy for leading an assembly on Thursday that by all accounts was a great success!! A few important points to note for the coming week:
- Next week is Seachtain na Gaeilge. This Friday we will celebrate Lá glas also and as part of this the children are invited to wear something Green to brighten up the school for the day!!
- Sincere thanks for all co-operation in relation to Covid 19 (Coronavirus). We are following and forwarding all advice as we receive it from the Chief Medical Officer. Posters with steps for good handwashing and advice for coughing/sneezing are displayed throughout the school.
- Could Infant parents/guardians please ensure the hand towels are changed in the children’s bag on a regular basis.
- We purchased some new mats for Gymnastics along with a trolley this week. This will be an invaluable resources for PE lessons and Assembly going forward. This is part of our move towards an Active Schools flag. We have recently established Active Schools committee of students who meet with Chantal and Neil to plan activities that encourage movement breaks, healthy living and physical activity.
- Our Aistear theme is the Dentist. As always we are more than happy to accept donations of items related to the themes to build up our pool of resources (White t-shirts, toy dentist sets etc).
- We will be celebrating Friendship Week from 30th March -3rd April and will have Friendship bands for sale in the school throughout that week at a cost of €2. All proceeds will go a small way to help the great work Amnesty International do to support Human Rights globally.
- Our next school PTA meeting will take place this coming Wednesday March 11th at 7.30pm. As always all parents/guardians are welcome to come along and get involved.
- Our Afterschool Clubs will run for another 3 weeks finishing up on Wednesday March 25th.
That’s all for now, thank you for all your support and co-operation in helping our school community grow into a warm, caring and supportive learning environment,
Have a lovely weekend,
Is mise le meas,